Hello and welcome to the website of Pittsburgh lawyer, Stephen Jurman. Our office is located in Foster Plaza (Green Tree Borough), just 6 miles from the down town area. Practicing law in Pennsylvania since 1977, we offer extensive legal experience with a strong focus on bankruptcy, real estate matters and tax law.
We focus a lot of attention on real estate law for both the residential and commercial sectors. No job is too big or too small. You can find more detail here.
Much of our work is also dedicated to those struggling with financial burden. Our firm is dedicated to providing professional and compassionate assistance to those considering the delicate topic of bankruptcy. We will work with you to determine the best path for your debt problems and solutions.
We are a small office and our clients tell us that they enjoy our small, friendly setting.
In today’s world, doing business is very complicated. It is imperative that you have an experienced and knowledgeable lawyer. Our commitment is to provide you with sound advice, prompt personal service and always keep your best interest at the forefront of any transaction.
Building Long-Standing Relationships
- Our concern for our client’s doesn’t end once we are paid and the case is completed. Our credibility and concern for you and your circumstances doesn’t stop just because we completed the job. We realize that there may be other times in your life, whether for business or personal, that you need the legal support of someone you can trust.
- We strive to make your experience as pleasant as possible.
- While there are those that might consider us a little old fashioned, that’s okay, we don’t mind. Our credibility is important to us and we take pride in building lasting relationships with those that need our help.
Here’s a detailed description of the services that we offer:
But, if you don’t see a particular service listed here, please feel free to give us a call and ask anyway. If it’s out of our area of expertise, we most likely can refer you to a reputable attorney: (412) 352-0898.
- Representing large publicly held corporations and financial institutions as well as medium to small closely held companies, partnerships and individual business owners.
- Actively representing clients in the purchase, sale and/or lease of industrial, commercial and residential property.
- Providing counseling and representation in equal employment opportunity matters including Title VII and Age Discrimination both in court and before the Human Relations Commission.
- Representing Potentially Responsible Parties (PRPs) and defendants under federal and state environmental laws such as CERCLA and RCRA (Superfund).
- Assisting clients in recovery of damages and procurement of coverage from insurance companies.
- Financial guidance and representation through the process of bankruptcy.
- Litigating business and commercial disputes, including contracts, securities, shareholder and partnership issues.
- Representing landlords and tenants in disputes regarding shopping center and industrial leases.
- Defending corporations, officers and directors in class action securities cases.
- Representing owners in land use, zoning, equal housing opportunity, boundary and quiet title litigation both in court and before zoning hearing boards, boards of adjustment and planning commission.
Click here for more detailed information on our Areas of Practice.